Equipment Trial Loans
Link Assistive offers options for trials and rentals of a selection of our products to support our customers in choosing technology that will best meet their needs. Our Team can support you prior to, during and after your trial with training, technical troubleshooting and evaluating suitability of the equipment.
What is the difference between a trial loan and a rental?
A trial is a loan of a product from our trial pool of equipment for between 1 and 4 weeks which is then returned to us at the end of the trial period. There is a trial wait-list so wait time can be anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks. A rental is a when a device is rented by the customer for between 4 and 12 weeks then the cost of the rental can be taken off the purchase price of the product. The rental device can be received within 4 weeks.
For more information on Equipment Rentals click here
Equipment Trial Loans
We offer trial loans for a selection of our products including:
- Tobii Dynavox Indi 7
- Tobii Dynavox I-12+
- Tobii Dynavox I-15+
- Tobii Dynavox I-110
- Link Assistive EyeMobile Mini
- Link Assistive EyeMobile Plus
- Quha Zono gyroscopic mouse
- Open Sesame App with phone/tablet
- Monty 3D EyeControl HD
- Monty 3D QuickShift
- Monty 3D Curved
- VarioLock QuickPack Floorstand
The Tobii Dynavox Indi and Speech Case are currently not in our short-term trial pool however please contact us regarding individual circumstances.
Do your loan eye gaze devices come with mounts?
Yes, all our loan eye gaze devices will come with either a Clamp on Mount or Table Stand. Should you require an alternative mounting system such as a Floor Stand or Monty 3D Wheelchair mount please contact us for additional costs and information.
Are there any costs involved?
The communication device will be couriered to you free of charge and the loan for two weeks is free of charge. However, you will need to arrange the return of the device to Link Assistive in Adelaide via courier or registered post at your own cost.
Mount Only (when no communication device is being loaned)
The mount equipment will be couriered to you free of charge and the loan for two weeks is $100 (Table Mounts and Wheelchair Mounts) and $150 (Floor Stands). You will also need to arrange the return of the device to Link Assistive in Adelaide via courier or registered post at your own cost.
How long can I trial for?
We prefer trials to be 1-2 weeks to ensure our wait-lists for equipment remain as short as possible however we do allow you to loan for up to 4 weeks at an additional charge of $100 per additional week. Please nominate length of your trial when booking. It is generally not possible to extend during your loan.
How much does it cost for a 4-week trial?
For a 4-week trial it would be $200, two weeks free of charge then an additional two weeks at $100 per week. Please contact us for a quote if required.
How do I return equipment to you?
The equipment is to be returned to Link Assistive in suitable packaging via Registered Mail or Courier to our office in Adelaide at the borrower’s own cost. Link Assistive must be advised of the postage date and Registered Mail number or consignment number once the equipment has been sent.
What if the equipment is damaged, lost or stolen?
The individual or organization signing the Equipment Loan Agreement is liable for all costs if the equipment is damaged, lost or stolen. Should the equipment not operate properly when it arrives, please notify Link Assistive immediately upon noticing the malfunction and request instructions.
Are your loan devices covered by insurance?
Link Assistive has insurance for the equipment when it is in transit to and from the borrower.
Can I edit the software while on loan?
Yes, we want you to use the device as much as you can! We reset all devices between trials. If you make changes that you want to be saved to be loaded onto a new device, please contact us and we can support you with this.
What support can I access?
The Link Assistive Team is available to support you from assessment through the trial process and evaluation. Our Speech Pathologists can support you in determining suitable equipment to trial and providing you with the training you need to make the most of your trial. Should you encounter technical challenges during your trial our team is able to log in remotely to the device to support with troubleshooting.
For more information and to request a loan go to:
Conditions of Equipment Trial Loans – please read carefully.
- Equipment can be trialed for between 1 to 2 weeks.
- Fees (devices) – the first two weeks of the trial period are free. Subsequent weeks are $100.00 (ex GST) each. Return shipping fees are not included. Note that the maximum loan period is 4 weeks. Rental options are available for a selection of our devices if you require a longer trial period.
- Fees (mounts) – Initial hire fees apply, $100-$150 depending on the mount. Subsequent weeks are $100.00 (ex GST) each. Return shipping fees are not included.
- Should the equipment not operate properly when it arrives, you MUST notify Link Assistive immediately upon noticing the malfunction and request instructions.
- The ‘end date’ on the loan form is the date the equipment leaves your organization. If the device has removable batteries, please take out batteries. If the batteries cannot be removed, your courier (including AusPost) might not transport via air, which means transport via road.
- If the trial return date is unable to be met, you are required to notify Link Assistive at least 1 week prior to that date.
- The trial period may be extended, depending upon the current waiting list.
- If the equipment is not returned by the due date and no extension has been mutually agreed to then a late fee of $100/week will apply until the equipment is received by Link Assistive.
- The equipment is to be returned in its original packaging, with all items in a clean state. A fee will apply should the equipment require cleaning upon return.
- Equipment trials are only available within Australia.
- The organization signing the Equipment Loan Agreement is liable for all costs if the equipment is damaged, lost or stolen.
- The equipment is to be returned to Link Assistive in suitable packaging via Registered Mail or Courier to either our office in Adelaide or Melbourne (to be advised) at the borrowers own cost. Link Assistive must be advised of the postage date and Registered Mail number or consignment number once the equipment has been sent.
Request an Equipment Trial here:
Note: If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks from requesting the equipment trial, please contact us on email@example.com or 08 7120 6002.